When it comes to email marketing, there are many different sources that claim the best times to send an email. These sources all provide mostly the same answer: it depends. Every brand wants to know the best time to send an email to get the highest open and click through rates. Your email subscription list should be a collection of your most loyal customers who are willing to share your content to their peers, ultimately creating more business for you. An article by CoSchedule breaks down all the sources out there to deliver clear answers to all your email optimization questions.
- What is the best day to send emails?
According to multiple studies, prioritize send days by this order:
- Tuesday: This is arguably the best day to send an email, according to most of the data from studies from MailChimp, HubSpot and others.
- Thursday: If you send emails two times a week, choose Thursday for the second day
- Wednesday: No single study showed that Wednesday was the most popular, most studies put this day as second place
- When is the best time to send an email?
- 10 am: Late morning send times were the most popular in general, several studies determined that the best time to send is between 10-11am
- 8pm-midnight: Emails sent at night generally receive higher click and open rates later in the evening. This can be applicable for college students because this is when they are rewinding from the day and doing their work for the next day: including checking email before going to bed.
- 2 pm: Around this point in the day, most people are checking out of work mode and are looking for distractions to beat the afternoon slump.
- 6 am: This makes sense, as many people also check their email as soon as they wake up.
Keep these days and times in mind with your next marketing campaign, and be sure to consult OnCampus Advertising for all your email marketing needs.