Improving Online Marketing to College Students

Contact OnCampus Advertising
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest

College RetargetingHave you ever looked online for a product you want to purchase, only to later see ads for that very product on other sites you visit? This is known as retargeting, a form of online advertising that can help keep your brand in front of bounced traffic after they leave your website.

Let’s look at an example on how it can help you when marketing to college students. Your brand may have run a postering campaign or a print ad in a university paper and the offer is enticing enough for the student to check out your website. They get to the landing page and begin shopping, reading about services, applying to a job, etc.

Now imagine the college student looking for your product online and later abandoning your shopping cart or service. They get distracted or have to run to class before they complete their sale. How will you find the student again to entice him to resume the purchase process? Retargeting to college students is an effective way to increase revenue.

There is no doubt that the best audiences to advertise to are those who have already expressed interest in your product or service. In fact, only 2% of web traffic converts on the first visit. The question is how you will reach the other 98%. This is where retargeting comes into play.

Retargeting is a cookie-based technology that uses a simple Javascript code to anonymously follow your audience all over the web. It is efficient and effective because it focuses your advertising budget on people who are already familiar with your brand and have recently demonstrated interest. The high click-through rates and increased conversions results in a higher ROI than most other digital channels.

One of the reasons that you should be excited about retargeting is that it’s all measurable: impressions, click-through rates, etc. Most importantly, the person holding the purse strings knows where the money is being spent and can see the results.

OnCampus Advertising recommends a full 360° approach to your college marketing campaigns. Retargeting helps complete the circle from the initial awareness stage set in college newspaper marketing, postering, and out-of-home to the final point of sale.

Share this post with your friends

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

Recent Blog Posts

Ready to

Download our back-to-school spending survey